Thursday 22 August 2013

How To Host A Onesie Party

I love to host fancy dress parties but winter doesn't make it easy especially when the weather is against you. Previously I have had my guests rug up like Russian's or float about like Spacemen just to make sure they had enough clothes on. I like my guests having fun not huddled around gas heaters shivering.

This year I have come across a new and brilliant idea for a fancy dress night that is easy, fun and warm. Winter Onesie Land! I'm taking a relaxed approach and here are my special ingredients for a rad night:

The Onesie.
Choose your onesie wisely and make sure its warm. Silly is optional as there are so many styles available! I have a friend who hates dressing up and upon finding out the theme for my party this year went out and immediately bought one. What I have learnt from this is that everyone secretly loves a onesie and all they need is the excuse to buy one. This Tiger onesie from ASOS is extra rad.

Pineapple Dazzle ASOS Tiger Onesie

Warmth.
Gas heaters are fabulous (and safe) but why not find something more outrageous. I've heard of fire pits that have been made out of washing machine drums.  For my party I'll be pulling out the braziers in the shed but I dream of one day having a fire pit in my back yard. The Fire Pit below is incredibly whimsical and would look wonderful during the day. I really just want it as it reminds me of Bambi.

Pineapple Dazzle Bambi Fire Pit
Drinks.
Now if the weather is too wet to be outside toasting marshmallows around a warm fire then a warm drink for your guests is the next best thing. I like the idea of spiked hot chocolates or even a mulled wine but honestly I can't go past a Hot Toddy. I found a wonderful alternative for a Sweet Tea Hot Toddy on A Beautiful Mess.

I'm so excited I have already started to layer the fairy lights around. I'll have to hold off sprinkling the glitter and laying out the dance rug as I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a clear calm sky.

Yes it is all a bit silly and it is true I am officially hooked on onesies but they are brilliant for any winter party. Twenty-Onesie anyone?

Do you own a Onesie and are you brave enough to wear it out in public?

Pineapple Dazzle ASOS Giraffe Onesie


No comments:

Post a Comment