Monday 3 December 2012

Choose Your Own Adventure in Turkey

Pineapple Dazzle Istanbul Blue Mosque

Earlier this year I jumped on a plane and flew to Turkey for my Honeymoon.
It completely blew me away. The people were generous & kind. The food was addictively good. The weather was warm and I barely saw a single cloud in the sky the 3 weeks we were there.

Pineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Hot Air Balloons Cappadocia
Pineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Hot Air Balloons Cappadocia
Pineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Stop Sign CappadociaPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Rock Formations Landscape CappadociaPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Adventure Cave Explore

One of the highlights of our trip was taking a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia. At one point when we were floating over the land we were up in the sky with another 50 balloons. I took as many photos of the balloons (250 photos in 2 hours) as I did the alien landscape.

Pineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Flowers in Oil CansPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Beach Pebbles Butterfly ValleyPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Boat Cruise LoungingPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Beach Hut Kabana AntalyaPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Ancient Ruins Hot Water Springs

My personal highlight was our boat cruise down the Turkish coastline from Fetiye to Olympos. Our days were spent swimming in the warm buoyant Mediterranian water or climbing over small remote islands scattered with ancient ruins. By the end of our cruise I had turned a gorgeous honey brown colour from all of sun. Absolute heaven.

Pineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Ancient Ruins St Nicholas IslandPineapple Dazzle Turkey Adventure Travel Holiday Antalya City Garden

I will always remember how Turkey made me feel. The sweet smell of the orange tree's lining the streets. The comforting & mood lifting apple tea. The quiet solace of a tap dripping in a Public bath. A refreshing chill creeping up through my feet from cool floor tiles.

It truly is an old ancient place where old superstitions die hard and the land offers up so many unique almost mystical natural wonders.

I tried to bottle up a small amount of Turkey and take it home with me but it was hard to recreate in the cold dark days of winter. Now that summer is finally here I can stand outside in the sun, shut my eyes and dream that I'm back climbing up the side of a mountain, walking through a field of wild growing thyme in search of another lost city.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics; love the architecture of the first pic.;) Would you like to follow each other? Love your blog! Hugs

    ReplyDelete